Lassi’s taste is different, the one who drinks it does not forget its taste quickly. Let us tell you what is the right way to make Lassi.
People in Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi in the north of India drink it more often and lassi is also sold in earthen pots.
There are three types of Lassi – Salted Lassi, Sweet Lassi and Masala Lassi. Sweet lassi contains milk and sugar. Here fresh and thick curd is used while making lassi.
Yogurt has a lot of nutrition such as protein, calcium, magnesium, bitamine B-6 and vitamin B-12. All these nutrition are very beneficial for our body. Yogurt is also helpful in digesting food and at the same time it makes teeth and bones strong. You can also consume yogurt directly or you can drink it by making lassi. You can also call Lassi a yogurt shake. Different types of lassi are made in different parts in India.
Punjabi and other North India people drink sweet lassi and Gujarat and South Indian people drink salted lassi, in which mint and cumin are also added. Often people drink it as an energy drink during summer. You can drink lassi in any season. Let’s know how to make lassi.
Ingredients for Lassi Recipe
- 5 cups yoghurt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 10 tea spoon sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon cardamom powder
- 1 tea spoon rose water
- 7-8 almonds
- pieces of ice
How to Make
- To make lassi, first take a big pot, add yogurt, cardamom powder and sugar and mix them well. Keep stirring it continuously and beat it.
- Add a little water to this mixture and mix again so that the sugar dissolves well. If you feel that the sugar is not dissolving then put all the mixture in the mixer and stir it, it will also dissolve the sugar.
- Take out this mixture in a vessel, add rose water and mix it.
- Pour lassi in a glass, add ice cubes to it, as well as decorate it with almond pieces on top and serve it to your guests.
- Curd and milk should be cold.
- The curd used when making lassi should always be fresh, and thick.
- You can also use a hand mixer or mixer to make the curd soft.
- If you want to reduce the consistency of curd, you can also add some water.
- Use thick milk and curd while making lassi, this will make lassi creamy.
- You can also use a pinch of saffron to make lassi more delicious.
- You can add as much fresh cream as you like in lassi.
- You can also use frozen yogurt.
- There is no need to whisk cream, you can pour cream directly in a glass of lassi. It will also taste your mouth.